Do you find yourself worrying about your body? Do you often find yourself hiding behind sarongs at the beach? Worry no more. This article will help you get to grips with practical tips you can use to get that beach body you have always wanted.
Summer is just around the corner, and that means it’s time to start thinking about getting your physique ready for bikini season. Fortunately, there are many great aesthetic products that can help you achieve the Summer body of your dreams, including Aqualyx, Alidya and Hyacorp.
Develop a Personal Plan
A well-curated personal fitness plan is instrumental for success. It not only acts as a roadmap that shows the important steps you will undertake to get to your desired destination, but also helps avoid under or over-training. To create a successful personal plan, you should:
- Know your fitness level: For instance, can you go up the stairs seamlessly? If not, your goal should be to improve heart and lung function.
- Set measurable fitness goals: Determine what you want to get out of fitness, for example do you want to lose fat, tone up, lift heavier weights, or a mixture.
- Create a workout schedule and stick to it. The most important thing to remember is staying consistent.
- Start small and work up to it: start by familiarising yourself with the gym, the equipment, and spend time on the treadmill getting comfortable with the space.
- Be realistic: If you work full time, and struggle to set out time during the day to work out, you might want to sign up for 2 exercises classes a week instead.
Research Your Body Composition
Body composition involves breaking down the human body into individual components such as body fat, muscle mass, fat mass, bone, tissue and water. A body composition analysis will help you understand what kind of exercises and diet will work for you over your set time frame. Knowing your body composition will also serve as a measuring tool to track your progress.
Ways to Measure Your Body Composition
To find out what you are made up of, a qualified personal trainer or a nutritionist will take your readings through:
- Skinfold tests
- Bioelectrical impedance analysis
- Hydrostatic weighing
- Air displacement bod pod (measures the ratio of fatty mass to lean mass)
- DEXA scan
Once you get a comprehensive understanding of what you are made up of, you will be able to develop a plan with weekly targets to keep you on track. Some personal trainers may also help you with this.
Get a Personal Trainer
A qualified personal trainer can help make your workout plan more effective and safer. They help identify exercises that align with your body composition, thus helping you achieve your fitness goals. A trainer also helps in enlightening you on all aspects of health, fitness and exercises.
Personal trainers can also be ideal for people that are completely new to the gym, as they will be able to introduce you to a variety of machines and exercises.
Why is exercising important?
- It helps strengthen then bones and muscles
- Helps lower the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Great benefits for mental health and brain health
- Helps control your weight
- Helps manage your blood sugar
Find the Right Meal Plan and Stick to It
If you are interested in getting a summer body and eating healthy go hand in hand. This means steering clear of junk foods and fuelling your body with the right food. While unhealthy foods can be tempting, they are physique-killing and will only impede your progress towards a summer body. A great way to stop craving junk foods is by planning your meals.
Meal planning involves planning, writing down, and prepping your healthy meals for the week or month ahead of time.
Tips for Meal Planning
- Decide on what meals to plan for. You could consult a nutritionist to curate a meal plan tailored to your body needs.
- Make a list of the ingredients required before going to a grocery store – it will help you buy only what you require.
- Prepare on Sunday: Ensure you prepare enough to last you throughout the week. Failing to do so might leave you apt to eating junk food.
Become a Label Reader
Contrary to the popular belief that getting fit starts in the gym, it begins with nutrition. While most packed food staff are required to have nutritional facts on the labels for consumers to read, it’s imperative to have a comprehensive understanding of what the nutrition facts means and the impact they can have in your body.
Understanding the food labels help change the way you think and how frequent you enjoy a certain food. A better understanding gives you more control over how you choose to fuel your body.
Food to Cut Out of Your Diet Plan
If you are looking forward to getting your body beach ready, here are top foods to avoid:
- French fries and chips – they are high in calories and fats
- Sugary drinks such as sodas
- Food staff made from refined flours
- Ice cream – some have high sugar content
Get Enough Rest
The pursuit of a summer body does not have to be extreme. Making time for rest and recovery will help you keep your mental sanity and stay motivated to reach your fitness goals! More importantly, a healthy and balanced lifestyle should be implemented all year round.
Aqualyx breaks up and liquefies the fat cells. It’s ideal for use on the chin (double chin), stomach, thighs, arms, and hips. It’s a non-surgical, aqueous injectable solution that uses a slow-release sugar based system to destroy excess fat cells permanently. During treatment, a qualified practitioner will administer a local anaesthetic, lidocaine, before injecting Aqualyx into a specific site to minimise side effects and discomfort.
The results of Aqualyx are long-lasting, provided that you maintain a healthy weight following treatment, and injections are usually repeated every 3 – 4 weeks. After five sessions, you’ll be amazed at the transformation, with a body that is fit and ready for Summer.
For a more shapely, toned figure, body contouring is another non-surgical method of eliminating excess fat, skin, and reshaping an area of the body that most tend to be self-conscious about, such as the hips, thighs, carves and buttocks.
If you have an issue with cellulite or dimpled ‘orange-peel’ skin, Aliyda is a revolutionary new mesotherapy product designed to effectively treat and prevent cellulite. The procedure consists of multiple injections, with 4 – 12 sessions done and lasting up to 30 minutes for optimal results.
To restore volume, Hyacorp MLF 1 and Hyacorp MLF 2 are ideal for correcting your silhouette for a more favourable shape. Both come in the form of a transparent viscoelastic gel of cross-linked hyaluronic acid, which is injected into the body.
The only difference between the two is that MLF 1 is best for contouring small areas such as hands, calves and even correcting any concave deformities. Hyacorp MLF2 contains larger particles and therefore is better suited for volumising and shaping bigger areas like the breasts or buttocks.